Does anyone have a recommendation of kityy litter for kitty’s who HATE traditional litter and a mommy who doesn’tcare for clay?

They HATE the corn based stuff. They poop in the litter and pee on the floor.

I used soil to train them, but it tracks all over teh house.

HELP!

Thanks.

10 Comments on Dirtlike Kitty Litter?

1. arian_diana says:

Are you sure they don’t have kidney infections? That’s very common with cats and that’s how a lot of them act with them. Eventually they give up on the litter altogether.
    That being said, if they’re fine, I’m not sure anymore. I can think of something used for reptiles, but it would be just as messy as dirt.

• B.E.M. says:

Hmm..ok..thanks.

I am NOT sure they don’t have infections(UTI, Bladder, etc.). In fact, I am bringing them for their first Vet visits this weekend. They were born “in the wild”.

• arian_diana says:

I’d definitely say something to the vet just in case. And he may know of a good litter as well.
        I just remember what hell it was when my cats both got sick. I had no clue what the trouble was and just thought it was a behavior issue. 🙁

2. disneyphile says:

I’ve used the crystals before – they only need to be swapped out about every 3 weeks, and it’s scoopable. 🙂

3. Try the yesterday’s news litter.

You could also try pine bedding (like for rodents).

• B.E.M. says:

Thanks for the tips. 🙂

• You’re quite welcome. 🙂 I ended up having to get rid of one of my adoptees because she refused to pee in the box. She was medically fine. We even took to cleaning the box 4 times a day and it didn’t help. She tried out as an only pet at one of my friends houses, and she did fine for a few months and then started it up again. Last I heard, she was given to Sav-a-Pet (no kill, of course).

• B.E.M. says:

hmm… They both went in the box when I used dirt. but Sophie went on my bed. They say that is a sign of two things: bonding with me and a bladder infection. They have a vet visit on Tuesday. Thier 1st.